My irises are blooming and they are beautiful.
These were given to us from a lady who sold her home. When we dug them up we had no idea what color they were.
This is some of the Moss that is growing all over the pond dam. It is so pretty! Too bad the weeds are growing too. It's a pain to get them out.
I decided to quilt the crayon challenge quilt on my old bernina. I wanted to mess with the stitching tension and didn't want to cause any problems with the new machine.
Here is my "bleeding fabric" mishap.
I wanted to include this and when I tried to make it bleed it wouldn't! Who ever heard of batik fabric that wouldn't bleed?
I used watercolor paint.
Ha ha!
I made a Quilt of Valor quilt for my dad and it was presented to him on Saturday along with 7 other veterans. One was a WWII vet!
The Daughters of the American Revolution gave all the Vietnam vets special certificates, a sticker and some buttons as well as this very nice pin.
Back to the quilt. Once it was quilted and bound, I added the final touches. One was to have a glue gun dripping on it. Oh that would not be fun to have happen!
Here is the finished front.
Can you see the "dog chew" spot?
(My husband did that with a power drill.
There is a hole cut in one of the blocks.
You know, when you snip a thread and accidentally snip the quilt?
See the miss matched corners, cut off points and same colors next to each other?
Here is the back.
The most obvious is the section that didn't get quilted. The fabric pattern is crooked.
You can't see the poor tension spot or the awful corners.
My favorite is the 2 year old drawing on the quilt. In a sharpie.
Oh, that was a good idea from one of the quilting gals. Ha ha!
I finished the quilt on 5/21 which was Saturday.
I spent 8 hours working in the yard on Sunday.
I finished the lower strawberry bed.
I couldn't get the tractor out with the trailer so I had to carry the 15 retaining wall blocks one at a time from the old location to the new. Then I had to get compost to fill it a 5 gallon buckets at a time. Ugh! Not fun at all.
Then I dug the weeds and filled in the holes in the old bed. It is ready for grass seed.
My compost bins are empty!
I need to fill them up this year.
It waseems really nice compost this time.
Maybe due to all the rain and snow we had.
I was just glad there weren't any garter snakes living in them.
Ugh. Here is another big project.
Weeding the stone path.
I have creeping thyme growing between the rocks. I'm thinking of filling it with concrete.
Less weeds.
The peonies are perfect this year.
Such a nice addition to the white garden.
My poor columbines are fuzzy with cotton from the cottonwood trees. Kind of cool.
Ugh! Cotton fuzz everywhere.
It sticks to your face, gets in your nose and your eyes. It piles up like snow. It's awful.
This is one of my favorite late spring flowers.
Such a fun plant.
Looks like fireworks.
Now on to working on my son's quilt and quilting in the mountains.
Not sure how to quilt the paws.
Will have to think about that.
Probably just echo quilt around the entire print.





















always enjoy your handwork and garden.
ReplyDelete