Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Quilt show bound

I cam across this fabric on a store and loved it. I bought enough for a pattern I like.


The next day I was looking up the print in this block.  This is the print I plan to use in the Judy Niemyer pattern I bought. Low and behold, it is the same print as the one above, just in a different color scheme. Ha ha!  I really do like this print and the entire collection.  Now I'm on a mission to locate the other bright prints in the collection. Just have to figure how much I need. 


Our poor contorted hazelnut tree which died several years back is looking worse. More branches keep breaking off. The birds still like sitting on it.  I told my husband when it's time to take it down I want to replace it with a giant praying mantis sculpture. I can make the pattern, he can weld it. We make a good team. 


The serviceberry bushes are loaded with berries.
The birds love them.
They are ok. I will snag a few sometimes. 
The birds don't like that. 


I trimmed up the underside of the bushes by our arbor.  Now I can plant more hostas and coral bells. 


All the rain we've had has really helped everything look great this year. (Why couldn't it have done this in 2014 when we had a garden walk tour at our house?)
The red clematis looks super this year. 


The roots of this catalpa look so cool. Hard to believe I grew this tree from a seed.


Ha ha ha ha!  
This is a giant weed!


My 3 quilts are ready for the quilt showith.
Mission Impossible, the mistakes and mishaps and the raspberry quilt.  I drop them off friday. 
The show is in 2 weeks. 
From the list I saw it will be a stiff competition. 


Our small group is making a spider web scrap quilt this year for the charity auction. 
Silly me. I was ironing some of the wrinkly scraps. Then decided "screw this".


The centers are gold.  
The backing is made from a bridal runner cloth for the floor!   
 It will be striking when it's done..


This is what happens when you don't pay attention you saw on a piece without pressing back the previously added piece. 
Grrrrrr...


Here is the block. 


This is one of the other gals books. 
I like hers better than mine. 
Darker colors. 


Mine are too bright for my taste. 
I was missing one gold center. 
I hope there is enough fabric to make one more.


It's early June and the catalpa trees are in their glory. Beautiful iris or orchid like flowers with purple and orange throats. Our yard smells like a perfume factory. 


They look so pretty in the evening light. 
The one by our garden shed almost died a while back. It has come back so well. 


Low and behold!!!
My dogwood Tree is blooming!!
First time ever. 
First flower ever. 
Yaaaaaayyyy!
What a good way to end the day.








No comments:

Post a Comment