I haven't been working on any of "my" quilts like the Oma's Blues, the Benjamin Biggs, the Grinch or the maple leaf quilt. All I've been doing is hand quilting our son's quilt. Trying to be good and only work on it. I want to get it done for him and complete it before I dive into my projects again. I almost have one long side done. I guess that is 1/4 done. Or more. Depending on how you look at it.
I do plan to enter quilts in the local and state fairs. It will be interesting to see those judges comments and whether or not they think fuzzy fabric is ok on a raw edge applique quilt. Good lord. I don't see how you could prevent that without using a ton of glue. I didn't due to the number of layers. Maybe I should mention that. I'm looking forward to the fairs. I always like to see what the 4-H kids do. This year I also plan to take a trip down to the fish hatchery to get more grass carp for our pond. And maybe stop at a quilt store.
And the yarn store.
Maybe.
Maybe.
Back to hand quilting.....

No comments:
Post a Comment