It's been a while since I have been here, but I am back!!
Fall is the best time to visit this park.
A group of riders on the trail. They must have had a big weekend get together.
There was horse poop everywhere.
This is the same tree/plant I saw in Arkansas. Not sure what it is but I like the leaves.
Poison ivy is very healthy in this park!
Interesting burl in this tree. Likely caused by a bug or an injury?
Most of the trails looked like this. Smooth and no rocks. Super easy compared to those in states that actually have rocks.
The red oaks were beautiful.
The red oaks are prolific here.
If there were slopes the trail was most likely washed out loke this. This tree made it interesting for me. I'm sure I looked really dorky trying to go under it with my pack.
Speckled red.
A really pretty view through the trees.
My campsite for the night. What a view! Pretty windy and chilly in the morning. It did rain overnight and that was ok. Not enough to make it muddy.
I had the WORST looking shelter in the park hands down. But it blocked the east wind blowing the next morning and kept me warm while I made my breakfast.
Love looking at coals in a fire.
Morning temp. Chilly enough for my wool gloves.
Daytime shot of the sad, sad shelter.
Heading down.
Heading up.
Looking back from where I walked.
Dropoff on either side.
A view over the side.
Looks like it will be going down!
Either that or a cliff.
Nice view of where I am headed. More hills.
There were lots of backpackers out and about this weekend. Quite a few Boy Scout troops.
Pretty trail on a ridge overlooking the mighty Mo.
I have a pic with Ryan and another scout sitting on this bench. It is nice to see it is still here.
This is the campsite we usually went to with the scout troop. Good memories here! The shelter on the left is new.
This grassy spot is where I usually camped.
A view of the site. Nice and big.
This is a trail! I hated hiking this.
Looking down on the same trail. Aaaauuugghhh!
A friend of mine showed the scouts how to make breakfast here.
This site is further down the bluff. Very close to the river and no great spot for a tent.
Geese headed south!
Interesting mushrooms.
It was funny how I got up to take this. Very awkward.
More shrooms.
Even more. Cool fungi.
An archway of poison ivy vine.
An old headstone protected from vandals.
Looks like this is where it originally was.
The back side.
I wish there was more explanation!
The living history area. Ooooo I want that cabin!
I will have to come back to see the soap making.
Super cool chimney.
I wonder how old it is.
More interesting poison ivy vines.
Candle dipping building.
Gaaahhh! Some poor animal apparently is bleeding to death.
My nifty water setup. One bottle empties....just flip the lever and you can drink from the second bottle.
A scenic view. Made my knees watery when I walked out on it. Too high for me.
It is a pretty view.
The expedition map.
We have been to Fort Clatsop!
And we have been here! We participated with the scouts and helped with the lewis and clark bicentennial commemoration weekend. Whew! That was ungodly hot.
Wheeee! Look at the fuzzy moss!
Another cool vine. Roped around this tree.
And there was a lot of this. Horse poo. A lot. Loads of it everywhere.
My hike ended up being about an hour longer than I intended. Took a wrong turn and ended up back at the poison ivy arch. Had to backtrack and eventually found my way out. They have very poor trail maps. Will use a compass next time.





























































Very cool! Jasmine loves the cabins :)
ReplyDelete💜💜💜💜
Delete