I made this quilt for my dad. I made it under the Quilt of Valor guidelines.
I loved the fabrics. Found them at Mangelsens. 25% off!
This is my first attempt at machine quilting. (Thank you Sharon Schamber)
Now I know what she meant about batting with seeds in it. Damn thread kept breaking.
Im thinking everyone is right, you get what you pay for. Hobbs is looking much more attractive.
Will zoom to their booth in October in Des Moines.
Love this fabric.
Started the project 11-7-15.
Figuring out the block layout.
Dont like the big open blocks.
Decided to add photos to the open blocks.
Had to applique some in.
Fills in the open spaces nicely.
Borders.... trying to figure these out.
Not liking the stripes.
Decided to go with the red borders.
Binding time, binding time!
Decided to have fun with the quilting.
Made it easier. Not worried about errors.
The stars and loops were fun.
Washing the label as directed on the instructions.
Made the label on the computer and printed it.
Wanted it to fit the fabric design.
Finished on 12-23-15.
Just in time to give it to my dad on 12-27-15.
The day we celebrated christmas.

















No comments:
Post a Comment