Monday, January 25, 2016

Ryan's quilt 2.0

Here I am again.
Working on this quilt. We agreed it needs to be 6" bigger on all sides to fit his king size bed.
The original bed I made this quilt for was queen sized.
Sooooo....I'm adding a 6" border in black.
Front and back. Also have to add extra batting.
I saw on Sewing with Nancy a fusible way to join batting. Woo hoo!  Bought that right away. Found solid black at the Quilted Moose that goes well with the original black which I can no longer get.

I took off the binding a while back.
And peeled back the top and back from the batting. Trying to save the existing hand quilting.




Now I'm adding the rest and will get this sucker done.

Measure, measure, measure, average. 
Alan

Grrrr. 
Forgot I had to cut border for the back too.

Not fun. 
At all.
Adding the border onto the quilted quilt.
No room for error.


The plan is to embroider in matching yellow ochre floss in a grizzly bear print pattern.

Then quilt with trees or mountains.



One of our orchids is finally blooming!
It only took 4, 5 years.


I LOVE my new light box  
Thank you Alan for the Christmas gift  
It is wonderful for quilting and 
looking forward to using it with a stained glass project.


Exciting!
All of the borders are on, front and back and now adding the batting.


Making the stencils.
Hoping I can get the design to fit on the borders.
This is the color of floss I will use.
I want the quilting design to stand out against the black but coordinate with the other colors.


So far so good.
This will have to wait for a bit.
I have a few other projects lined up I have to get done first.

First are the cupcakes for a friend's b-day party.
Red velvet copcakes with chocolate ganache filling and cream cheese frosting and white cupcakes with lemon curd filling and whipped lemon zest frosting.
I'm looking forward to making these.
The candied lemons seem to be OK so far.




I feel like lady luck paid me a visit today.  My stencil pattern fit perfectly!
No need for brain numbing adjustments. Ha ha!
The quilt is alost too big for the only large floor space we have.
It's 95 x 109.



Next is to see if my MIL will embroider the prints. Hubby thinks she would love to.
That will give me time to work on the Dr. Seuss wall hanging and start my version of Esther's Oma's Blues quilt.  Yay!!


No comments:

Post a Comment