Sunday, April 24, 2016

Almost done.....

These are my MIL's hostas. Wow!  I'm going to have to go the the extension office to find out what is going on with them.



Finished the seed head dandelion. I just cut the loops and fuzzed it up with a brush. 


Our small group is making a charity quilt. 
It is the spider web block design. 
One of the gals gave me some scraps. 
(She is downsizing)


The centers will be gold. 
Very striking!
I like it. 


Finished up the dandelion by embroidering the leaves. Now I need a critter / visitor in my garden.


No way was I going to do a rabbit. Too big. 
I should do Japanese beetles. They were infesting my raspberries last year. 
But, I couldn't figure out how to make them. 
Sooooo... I'm going with a mouse. 


I wanted shiny eyes so I didn't needle felted them. Polymer clay wouldn't be shiny enough. 
Then I thought of the colored needles.  
So I stuck them in, affixed them with hot glue and cut them off on the back side of the mouse. 


They even bug out like real mice. 


Then used more hot glue to stick him under the dandelion. 


Then added the raspberry border. 


Mulch!  I wanted 3-D mulch.
So I cut up chunks of wool and hot glued them onto the quilt. No way was I going to sew each one on. Besides, the stitches would show. 


All ready for quilting. 


I think I will use this multicolor thread.
I'm thinking I'll use a meandering pattern.
Hope to get it done by next weekend. 
It's supposed to rain a lot this week.
Hmmmmm, that will free up my evenings after work. I might actually meet me goal.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Betty, just stopping by to catch up on the pictures and progress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen! Thx! Will have more to add this weekend. Been trying to get stuff accomplished inside and outside.

    ReplyDelete