Sunday, April 10, 2016

Weekend retreat


Spent the weekend at a retreat with the girls. 
Was able to get a lot done on the raspberry challenge.  The deadline is coming up in May.
Need to get it done! Started attaching the leaves. 


Used a buttonhole stitch. It worked well to cover up the twist tie wires. 


Then started working on the dandelion.
Made the templates.  You know, you see dandelions all the time but do you ever really LOOK at them?  I had to Google pics of the plants to determine how to make the leaves and structure of the plant. 



One of the gals let me borrow her toys. 
Definately on my need to buy list. 


Dandelion leaves done. Still need to attach the 3D leaves but liking the applique leaves. 


Thought I'd share pics of some of the projects the gals brought to work on.


Cake time!  
The retreat building is beautiful. 




I knew what I wanted for the flowers. 
I didn't know how to do it or that it is called "turkey work".
Thank you Google!


Stems! I didn't have yarn for piping so I braided floss, stitched it down and glued down the folded over seam but didn't iron it because I didn't want it to flatten out. 


This is how I kept the loops all equal in size. 



Have to make sure the flowers cover up the end of the stems. 


On to making a flower bud. 
Also going to make a white seed flower. 


MIL finished the embroidery of the grizzly bear prints.    Now I have to baste it and hand quilt it. 
This will be the final version. No more revisions!


No comments:

Post a Comment