Sunday, April 17, 2016

It's spring!

It's springtime which means no time to work on my projects.  I've been working in the yard trying to get my garden ready for planting, deciding which plants/trees/bushes have to go and where I can plant new members of the yard.
(Bushes and new perennials)


60 bags of compost/manure.
Just me to spread it in the garden. 
Ugh! My aching back. 


All done. I've NEVER planted my tomatoes and peppers this early. But the weather seems like it will stay warm.  My tomato cages are the best. Sturdy and with large holes to access the tomatoes. Im going to try to grow my cucumbers up the same cages. We're even going to try brussel sprouts this year. I was happy to see that some of my asparagus are alive. Still need to rogue out weeds. Ran out of time for that. I was happy to get everything planted and marked. Even went around with the mower and picked up grass to mulch the plants. 


Found these for my mother in law for her yard. They are a thank you gift for all her hard work on my son's quilt. Her embroidery is immaculate and beautiful and sooooooo appreciated. 


Lantana. 
My favorite summertime flower. 
They love the hot humid days and look like a party going on around the plant with their multicolored flowers. 


Beautiful crabapple blossoms this year. 
We're considering them for the front of our yard. 


My springtime circle around the new cherry tree looks great this year. The rabbits didn't eat all the tulips!


Took time out after work last Friday to throw a bowl. My biggest one yet. Looking forward to spiffing it up. Not sure what I'll do. It will be for a friend if it doesn't crack




No comments:

Post a Comment