Friday, December 22, 2017

Time for tiny tedious work



I am done with the pattern and a gal offered to buy it.
Ummmm...yes!
I'm glad someone else can use it and enjoy it.

I included all of the full sized patterns I made.
That will make this gal's quilt process so much easier.

If I were doing cards for Christmas this would be the pic.
But I am not.
No cards this year.
No computer yet.
(Good excuse right?!)

These are so cute!

Now on to adding the bittersweet branches in the sashing.
I drew all of the design lines in all 12 sashing sections and then saw that they are all upside down.
Grrr....

All the 1/8" stems are done.
All 48 of them.
Ugh!

This is the sashing design.
Right side up.
My light board is great for this.

Now to figure out the berries as shells.
The shells are shaped like leaves so I'm calling them leaves.

They can't go over the edge of the 2" border.

Too scrunched up.

My appliquick tools!
Bought them in Design Moines.
They are the BEST.  Much easier than needle turn or the starch method.

Now to make two trillion berries and leaves.

A closeup of the tools.
The prong holds the piece while the beveled tip folds the fabric over.

I LOVE this quilt and the background color.

This is the same quilt but in the typical white background people use.
Pretty but not as dramatic as the blue.


My work station.
Where I will be for days and days.
Maybe weeks.
Add caption

The final design.
Definitely will be hand sewn.


I think it does a pretty good job of representing bittersweet.
On to making cakes.  I ran out of vegetable oil and read on the Internet that you can use avocado oil on a 1 to 1 basis.  Well....the Internet is WRONG!  it boiled over in the oven and after I flipped it out of the pan it was very greasy and the oil pooled under my finger when I pressed down on it.  Aaauugghhh!
I went and bought vegetable oil.

My blast chiller.
If you have watched a baking show you have seen them use one.
This is my redneck blast chiller.

Jo Morton likes my quilt!
This made my day.
I love her fabrics and quilt patterns.


I really want to get this pattern.  It is so striking.
I want to do it in this colorway.
It's very elegant with rich colors.
Kind of art deco.
Someday.

1 comment: