Sunday, February 25, 2018

New computer - New post!

My wonderful son rebuilt my computer so now it is much easier to post pics and continue my blog/journal.  A lot has happened and it is all good.
Here we go!..........

If I had sheep, I would do this.

My last post was 12/22/17.  This is the cake I made for the Dill family Christmas. 
It sat in my lap on the way to Lincoln.

It started to snow while we were there.

By the next day it looked very wintery.

My sister sent pics of her and Jasmine in Hawaii.
They suck.

Alan bought me thread for Christmas!

I bought the dog a bunny.
YEAH!  I want to see a lot of this out in the yard.
Bunny killing.
Earn your keep dog.

 

This was brand new a few hours before this was taken.

And so was the bunny.
It has a squeaker.  We heard squeaking and the crinkly green thing for hours.

Back to the Raven quilt.
Borders done.
Now to add the bittersweet which is not part of the pattern.
I came up with my own design.
I wanted more "pop" to the quilt since it is a little dark.
(not AS dark as others I have seen since I added the 1/4" border around each block)

The zillions of leaves and berries are ready.  (actually the leaves are shells but nobody understands that)
All put together with the Appliquik method which I love.  It makes it so easy to turn the fabric.
It adds some bulk but that's ok.

Hand sewing time. 
Ugh
Glue down the stems with fabric glue and then hand sew. Soooooo slow.

One of my Christmas presents arrived.  The pattern I have coveted ever since I saw it.
I saw a version of this done in purples and browns.  Stunning.
I will try to copy this as best I can.  I could have signed up with the shop that designed the purple version but I didn't want to pay $600 for the kit.  Sooooooo I am on a search for the right colors, or colors I like.
THIS is the purple version I found on the internet.

Winter Dog.

Went to the Quilted Moose and Sharon was kind enough to do the tedious job of determining fabric amounts and helped me locate the fabrics I needed to come as close as possible to the purple version I like.
I just need a few more colors.  The search continues.

As you can see, it is till winter.  VERY cold. Sub zero cold.
The neighbor decided it was a good day to light his burn pile.
It was burning into the night and was still smoking the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment