Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Black beans.......who knew?

I recently found out you can dye wool with black beans and it comes out BLUE!  It sounds like it's not very colorfast and you need to make sure to not let the beans touch the yarn/wool.
Love the colors people are ending up with.

I have the beans and my knitting group is ready to give this a try.

Went for a walk around the lake and thousands of geese are flying north. Spring looks like it's coming early. My free time will be coming to an end once it's gardening time.

I agreed to participate in a challenge with one of the quilt guilds I belong to. Garden theme. 24 x 24" max, must use the 4 charm squares and beads included in the kit. It also recommends a gsrden visitor.
Hmmmmm..... I'm thinking stumpwork raspberries and a needle felted mouse. Or a yellow and black spider. Ha ha!


They also have another challenge that requires using a free pattern and two crayon colors.
For this one I'm thinking of the theme a good day gone bad. I really like this pattern from McCall's quilting. It's free. And pretty.


A good day gone bad would go from a really nice quilt to all the horrors that happen when quilting goes bad. It will be fun to use imagination with this one.

I almost have block 1 done for my Biggs quilt.
Once this is done I have to get back to the Seuss quilt. I also have to figure out what to take to the upcoming retreat.
Probably bags of wool I need to prep for washing. And a quilt project. Or my spinning wheel. Not sure.....

No comments:

Post a Comment