Sunday, February 25, 2018

Keeping busy. Will that make spring come sooner?


 The LAST bittersweet spray.


I used a scrap piece to figure out how to embroider the flowers on the cornerstones.


I decided to use the simpler version and add a red center for "POP".


Centered and ready to embroider.


The top is done and ready for the final border.


The embroidered cornerstones.


Ok, The toothpaste chips were a total fail.
The guy was wrong.  Do NOT dry them in the dehydrator on the lowest setting.
They turn into blob disks.
So I ordered these.  They are tablets.
I tried them aaaaaaaannnnd not too keen on them.

Dreaming of days like this.
Maybe with less rain clouds but I'll take rain any day over snow.

Another leather class.
Now we are learning how to do flowers.
The Sheridan way.
(still not sure how this differs from other leather methods)

All cut out and ready to tool.

Demo from the instructor.

Somehow this became the project we are supposed to work on.
(Later it was decided it would NOT be our project since we didn't have enough time)

I ended up drawing up a pattern for this anyway.
Who knows, I may actually make one.
Time to dehydrate cauliflower.


And this is what 5 heads of cauliflower looks like.

Mishka had surgery.  She was spayed and had her dew claws removed.
Her back legs look like plucked chickens.
She became used to the cone, bashing it into everything.
Especially the back of your legs, which hurts very much.

I just had to take a pic of this.
Is this TOO MANY LIGHTS?
Maybe?

Adding the final border to the quilt.
I decided it does need this.
I like to frame my quilts with borders.

Ready for quilting.
Not doing it myself.  Going to pay someone to do this.
Someone who is talented and knows how to add character to a quilt top.

I had to remove all the loose threads from the top.

Then press it after the threads were removed.

I ordered the backing from two different shops so they are different color batches.
I don't think it will show once it is quilted......
Instagram post by the Quilted Moose.
I stopped by to show the gals I was finally done with it.
Now off to the quilter.

My new favorite blue for doing Appliquik applique.
MUCH cheaper than the glue they sell.

The cone is good to hold things.



It's snowing again.
It's 2/6/18

It is pretty but I'm PRETTY tired of it.

Isn't this a lonely site to see?



My dermatologist recommended this.
It is supposed to add sun protection from the inside out.
The reviews were good and I didn't see any bad side effects.
I'll do anything to protect myself from a sunburn.
Anything but stay inside!


Project for the evening.
Major surgery.
Adding new squeakers and repairing damage.

Mr. Bunny has a major side wound.

Mr. Squirrel has a major head wound.

Mr. Raccoon was almost decapitated.


No comments:

Post a Comment