Sunday, February 25, 2018

Winter, Winter, Go AWAY!

Quilting....done.
It only took her a week to get it to me.
I love the way she added more features to it.

Now it's binding time.

 
I didn't take a pic of the leaves I tooled in our class.
But I did take a pic of the instructors sample page, which is much clearer than our photocopy.

Just enough snow to xc ski.
Went 6.2 miles which felt good.

My boots are too small.
My feet are collapsing and getting longer.
Sigh.

Last corner.  Almost done.

Officially done.
Folded on the bias and stored away.
It will go in the Omaha Guild show at Embassy Suites in June.
Hope to see non quilting friends attend!
I decided to start on the bed quilt.
The purple one has to wait.
My design requires something like 246 squares.
This will take a little while.
(This is the foundation for my string quilt.  Bridal runner found at Wal Mart on clearance)

Watching the Olympics while I cut.

Our final class.
Learning how to do scrolls.

Chris and I had fun.
I look forward to seeing her completed project and will help her with the sewing.

It's 2/18/18 and I did an 8 mile hike with some new friends who hike the Loess Hills in Iowa.
It was either snowy....

Or grassy.

What do you think...planted trees?
Ha ha ha!
It was frozen in the morning and muddy/slippery/slushy later on.

Oh look, more snow in the forecast.
Winter continues.


No comments:

Post a Comment