![]() |
| I didnt notice the train depot and train the day before in the rain. |
![]() |
| This home has mannequins in the upstairs window. I was told it is a bed and breakfast. Hmmm weird enough to make me want to stay there. |
![]() |
| I had breakfast at the local coffee house. A nice place with good coffee and a great selection of items. |
![]() |
| Saw this in one of the windows. Girls rock! |
![]() |
| The trail starts out easy enough. Flat. |
![]() |
| Bridge out? Will we need to use our water shoes? |
![]() |
| Nope. This new bridge made an easy crossing. |
![]() |
| This bridge is older but the trail approach up to it and off the other side are redone. |
![]() |
| This giant dog is a Turkish Shepherd. Enormous! |
![]() |
| We stopped for a break and this little guy caught my attention. I hope he can grow big and not be affected by the beetles. |
![]() |
| Len's paintball canister for Ritz crackers. |
![]() |
| No more smooth trail. Hello rocks! |
![]() |
| Storm clouds growing. |
![]() |
| I noticed there weren't many wildflowers along this route. Not like last year. Everything looked really dry too. |
![]() |
| Wilted looking. |
![]() |
| Entering the wilderness. You are supposed to register. |
![]() |
| Thre were no blank forms. |
![]() |
| There was this rock. We both agreed on a new rule... Absolutely NO loving yourself on the trail or in camp. |
![]() |
| Even without the wildflowers the view was beautiful. |
![]() |
| Wow. Beautiful mountains. |
![]() |
| We crossed a creek and there were these little fish. |
![]() |
| These flowers appreciated the creek water. So many bluebells! |
![]() |
| These are big rocks. Big. |
![]() |
| And when you cross water, You go up. |
![]() |
| We reached the top and awarded with a view. |
![]() |
| There are wildflowers up here! |
![]() |
| It was just a short hike then to Porcupine Lake. |
![]() |
| The temp was not too hot. |
![]() |
| Rain clouds building. |
![]() |
| The lily "swamp" next to the lake/pond. |
![]() |
| Reflections on Porcupine Lake. |
![]() |
| While getting water I noticed these black swimming things. Len said they are leeches. I have never seen leeches. Ewwww! There were so many everywhere. I will now call it Leech Lake. |
![]() |
| This is looking in the other direction on the lake. |
![]() |
| We arrived first so had the choice pick of sites. Three gals arrived a little later. I helped them get their tents up when the rain started. |
![]() |
| Interesting way to make a campfire ring. NO fire for us. |
![]() |
| Len brought a chair and then didnt sit in it. I mentioned this. He did move. |
![]() |
| After camp was set up I went out to meet the new couple that showed up. The gal was taking pics. I couldn't resist taking pics too. The sun shining on these Indian paintbrush flowers is stunning. |
![]() |
| The pink ones are pretty too. |
![]() |
| These little red and white flowers look like candy. |
![]() |
| Love the burgundy color. |
![]() |
| We met the couple, Scott and Kendra. Nice kids. I'm hoping to run into them later on the trail. |
![]() |
| This cloud looks like a tornado or an alien spaceship will be dropping down soon. |
![]() |
| These little purple daisies are everywhere. |
![]() |
| So are the mosquitoes. Everywhere. |
![]() |
| Ummm...ewww. Beef stroganoff looks awful before it is stirred. |
![]() |
| Dr. Pepper jelly beans. |
![]() |
| The crack in the log is perfect for holding them. |
![]() |
| I wonder, are these purple bells? |
![]() |
| The texture of this wood is beautiul. |
![]() |
| Len came running over and said to come quickly with my camera. He saw 8 male mountain sheep. Of course they were gone when we got there. But I did get this cool pic. |
![]() |
| Another large rock! |
![]() |
| I need to find out what these are. |
![]() |
| I love how this came out. Perfection. Might have to go to spoonflower and use it in a fabric design when i get home. |
![]() |
| On my way back to my tent to retreat from the mosquito assault i saw Len had rocks round his stakes. Must be more rocks in the ground than where my tent is. |
























































No comments:
Post a Comment