Sunday, July 15, 2018

Just passing through Copper Mountain

It was a chilly morning.
I had no pants.
So I put on my rain pants, packed up and started my hike without eating breakfast.  As I was hiking the sun hit the back of my legs and I could feel the heat on the back of my thighs.  The rain pants started getting hot quickly.  

It was really cool to cut across the mountain and see the runs we snowboard down.  It's amazing what the snow covers!

The view looking down towards east village.  This is Rosi's Run.
So different in the summer.

As I approached Center Village I noticed the lifts were gone!
Len said they were replacing them.
They better get moving!

Interesting.
This is what the lift will look like.
Curious to see what this looks like.

I went to Camp Hale for a mocha and breakfast.  Sat and listened to the sound checks for the upcoming band.  Also did people watching.  Saw a few hikers wandering around.

I got up, looked down the alley and saw a fire truck.  Went down to see what was what.  Found out a building was evacuated due to a possible gas leak.

This is new too.
It is like a mini American Ninja Warrior course. 
It even has a warp wall.

Mountain House was being promoted and they were giving out samples.  They saw I was a thru hiker and said I could take as much as I wanted.  I took 4 for Ryan.

This is a summertime halfpipe.

And still another new thing.
This mountain coaster.
It won't interfere with the new lift which services the west side and will run all year.  Len said the tracks get buried in snow and have to be dug out.  Doesn't seem to be a good winter activity to do.

I ran into the Copper couple again.
Third time.
I accused them of stalking me and talked them into a photo.
Wow.  I am short!

These lupine look so pretty.

What a nice trail.
So smooth and rock free.
Surprisingly it continued for miles!

I had to go #2 suddenly.
Urgently.
Of course there was only open woods.  No privacy.
I hiked quickly until I found a spot.  Then hikers walked close by.  I hadn't noticed the trail curved.  So I hiked further into the brush.
I was sweating by then.
Found a spot.
No time to dig a cat hole.
Gave birth.
Then to my horror when I tried to dig a hole I found the ground was too full of thick roots from the bushes.
I hope nobody ever comes up this way.

I started taking pics of trees.
This one made me think of lovers together even after death.

Too young to die.

Two tough kids.
Growing in rock.

Must be their tough grandpa.
Growing out of rock.

Love the color and the texture of this charred tree.

Cheery flowers along the trail.

 Not sure what peak this is but it was pretty to see as I went down the trail.

Ran into a couple I had met earlier in Copper.  They stopped by this creek for a break. 
It was a nice spot.

It had a bridge that went over this rushing creek.

I crouched down to take this photo.
Slow to get up!

The couple came up and offered to take this pic to show what I looked like as I took the pic.  The gal said I looked cute.  I think I look like a pack sitting on the side of the trail.

Gotta find out what this flower is.
Not many of them but pretty on the inside.

The couple passed me because i kept stopping to take pics.  The guy said, "Why dont you let us go by and then you can take all the pics you want".
Ok.

Hello.....is there anybody in there?

Came across this guy who bent a chain ring.  He is miles from his car.  It was thundering by now.  I hope he made it back ok.

Arrived at the last campsite before treeline ended.  Found a spot that was pretty level.  The couple from the creek camped just below me and two guys camped across from me.

This gives you an idea of where I camped.

The to guys went and brought this log over for a seat!
I told them they could toss boulders next.  They were laughing and comparing it to log carrying in the military.

They also put together this table so they could play dominos.  They were funny.  Announcing that the great domino competition of segment 8 was about to begin.  I gave them my Dr. Pepper jelly beans and they used them as the prize for the winner.  They ended up tying and shared them.
It was fun to listen to them talk and occasionally break out in song.

No comments:

Post a Comment