Sunday, July 15, 2018

Zero time

Since I arrived early I spent 2 nights at the hostel.  One night in the dorm and a second in a private room.
The dorm bunk felt a little claustrophobic with the drapes drawn.  I tried really hard to be quiet and not roll too much.  Normally I roll like a gerbil in a wheel.

These folks made me feel right at home.  They had been  coming to the hostel for years.
The CO Trail Foundation used my photo in their update!

Cool.

Len ended up camping the first night near camp hale.  He said it was buggy.  And he was bored. 
We went to lunch and across the street was this house.  5 bedrooms! 
I wanted to tour it but Len didnt.
Booooo...

I like the old timey look of Leadville.  Most of the store fronts had businesses in them which is nice for the town. 
Note the rain clouds.....

This cool tree was along main street.  I want to find out what kind it is.  Really cool needles and pine cones.

This strange car drew attention.
It is made by a company that makes snowmobiles.

We then drove around and looked at the unique houses.

This made me laugh.
"Free - Not Free"
The roof trim is unique and does not match.


Wow.
This is a different house.

This homes rock yard is low maintenance.  Len liked the skis placed all around.

The shed of fun.
And skis.

It also had a pretty cool front door.
And several old snowmobiles sitting around.

Then it started to really rain.
Poured!

I am so glad I am not on segment 9 right now. 
It is where all the rain is.

It just kept raining.
It poured in town.
Len went and squatted on somebody's property that night so he wouldn't have a long drive.
I was given an apartment room with 2 beds due to the number of people that showed up that day.  It was ok but I had to go outside to the main building to use a bathroom.  I did go thru the hiker box.  My first experience with this.  I donated some stuff and took a few things.  Lots of fuel was donated!  The owner threw away all the used stuff like the half eaten peanut butter jar.  Ewwww.

No comments:

Post a Comment