Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Home, home on the range

Back home again and doing stuff around the house. My moonflowers are blooming!
My bicycle yard art makes me smile when the tires are spinning.


Sigh.  The work progresses on the new housing development.


Good thing we can't see it from the back yard.


The fall flowers are looking good.


Dear hubby is slowly bit surely getting rid of those nasty mulberry trees. Why cant there be emerald muberry borers or mulberry beetles?


My collard greens like the cooler weather.


So do the raspberries!  
Still picking every 2 days.


Also working on Ryan's quilt.
Getting there.


I like watching the Great British Baking Show while I'm working on it. It inspires me to make something complicated for the next holiday.


Here are the state fair results!
My dad's quilt got 4th in the bed quilt category and 2nd in the patriotic category. The judge said I had nice piecing.  


The landscape quilt got 3rd in the landscape category.  
They didn't like the fuzzy edges either.  


While at the store I saw this lady. She looks just like my mom who passed away a few years ago.  I didnt talk to her or look at her face.  I didn't want to break the spell.


This is my mom.
This was taken during a trip to Ireland.


This is one of my favorite flowers. Lantana. 
It looks like a party doesn't it?


Another front headed our way.
Winter is coming.....


See the little hummingbird?
He guards all 3 feeders. 
Little pig.
He attacks all the other hummingbirds if they try to eat. I thought we should spread them out more.  Then see how well Mr. Piggy can guard them all.  Ha ha!


No comments:

Post a Comment