Thursday, September 29, 2016

It still feels like summer

The last few weeks certainly felt like summer. 
It felt like July, not September!
But there were signs of fall like giant colorful mums.
I didn't get them cut back this year so they are separating like sheep's wool.
I found this nature scene of survival happening on one of the mums....


I'm really sick of picking raspberries.
They have done so well this year despite the Japanese beetle invasion.


One of our local guilds had a guest speaker, Marilyn Bujalski who does quilts from cross stitch patterns.  Her work was amazing and so fun to inspect up close.  This peacock was made in a rectangletter shape and after quilting cut into an oval!


The deer scene has swarovski crystals in spots to make the snow glitter and tulle to give areas of snow a taped down look.  And it is HUGE!


This was amazingly large too.
She said she keeps them rolled up and stored in a closet.


She explained her technique.
She made this in 9 days.
(She doesn't work 8 - 5 like me)


The blanket around this woman is a piece of fleece.
She wrapped it around herself and then crawled out carefully so it kept it's shape and then sewed it down.


Here is a back example. 
She make 10" blocks that are 5" when done so 50% loss.
Ugh!  But I was inspired.


My cycling shoes are falling apart so I gave them a makeover.
I spray painted them gold and painted black accents.


I joined a friend on the MS 150 ride to ride the first section with her.
Red skies at morning.......


It was a beautiful morning.
But storm clouds were building.  
The spire of clouds that rose quickly made me uneasy.
It did end up raining, I mean, pouring on me as I rode home.
Oh well. I didn't melt.


I also finished block 1 of the raven block of the month quilt I am doing.
My first time to participate in a block of the month!
And my first all out applique quilt.


Now onto block 2. 
All turned and ready to make bias strip and finish the berries.
Hoping to get it done before block 3 comes out.
Thankfully with the rain we had during the ride the summertime humidity was driven away and we now have wonderful fall weather.
Ahhhhhhh!


No comments:

Post a Comment