Tuesday, September 13, 2016

FREEDOM!

The final bear paws to quilt.


The final mountains to quilt.


The final stitches.
A king sized quilt..
All hand quilted. 


Ready to sew miles and miles of binding.


Label done!  
I used an inkjet label maker.
They work great.
Rinse in water after printing and iron to set colors.


Done!
Looks great and it covers the line where the mattress and box spring meet.  
Mission accomplished.


FREEDOM!
a 6 year project done.
Now on to projects for me.....


Making borders for a quilt I made a couple of years ago at camp.


This is my design.
I will applique aspen leaves on the corner blocks.


Now to sew miles of border strips to make the piano keys.  
It would be boring but its not. 
Its not quilting bear paws.


One border made earlier this year. Three more to go.
And the corner stones.
Hope I get my measurements right the first time!


2 comments:

  1. Stunning and Wonderful Freedom quilt and great blog. Hrs and hrs of work in that quilt and its worth every stitch. Thanks for sharing Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Glenda for the kind words. It was a labor of love and fortunately our son does appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoy the blog!

    ReplyDelete